The Capital Markets team audits a variety of areas including; securities trading desks, treasury and debt functions, middle and back office functions, market risk management, liquidity risk management, and counterparty and credit risk management.
As an Audit Manager for the Capital Markets audit team, the individual will lead multiple projects simultaneously, including audits, follow ups, and pre-implementation reviews. This individual will also be responsible for overseeing the more junior members of the audit team, reviewing work papers, and communicating issues with the auditee.
As a member of the leadership team, Audit Managers are also responsible for administrative tasks, including resource allocation and scheduling, management and audit committee reporting, and assisting with the annual planning process. Someone holding this position will also be responsible to coach and mentor audit staff. This individual may also lead internal investigations, follow-up on regulatory findings, and other divisional activities, as needed.
Having a solid understanding of the Capital Markets is critical for success in this role.
- Typically has 10 to 15 years of experience, including previous experience in public accounting, risk management or internal audit; other relevant experience may be considered.
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry, including fixed income, market risk management and secondary mortgage markets.
- Demonstrates proficiency in audit methodology and risk/controls assessments.
- Experience conducting audits in some or all the following areas: Derivatives, Market Risk Management, Counterparty Credit, Front, Middle and Back Office Operations, and Valuations of financial products.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skill, ability to have a big picture view while able to dive into details to identify root cause.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationship with clients.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Requires CIA or CPA certification.
- Advanced degree or CFA certification is big plus.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://freddiemac.contacthr.com/58263739.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: